- About Gas City
- Chamber & Membership
Membership Benefits & Services
The Gas City Area Chamber of Commerce is the number one business organization in the area! To illustrate how we will work for you, here are 16 great reasons to join!
- Business Referrals - The Chamber makes every attempt to refer ONLY Chamber members to the many requests received each month. Don't be left out!
- Business Contacts - We offer numerous opportunities each year for members to make business contacts. The monthly Director’s Luncheon is just one examples.
- Newsletter - The online Chamber Newsletter provides monthly up-to-date information on all the happenings, programs, projects, and activities of your busy organization. It also includes any pertinent "positions" that your organization has taken on and also any items of community and business interest. Monthly sponsorship of the newsletter is available for a very reasonable fee.
- Committees - The Chamber offers opportunities for direct involvement on numerous committees. Some of our committees include: Golf Scramble, Annual Meeting, Perfect Attendance and Membership Services just to name a few.
- Education Involvement - The Chamber is actively involved in creating Business / Education partnerships through its Education Committee. A program that has been mirrored by several other communities is the Perfect Attendance Program which rewards students that have perfect attendance throughout the school year.
- Community Involvement - Community events include: the Corporate Art Series which sponsors concerts in the park, Annual Golf Outing, and the Director's Luncheon.
- Small Business Advisory Group - The Chamber offers mentoring free-of-charge to its members by a Small Business Group comprised of businessmen and women.
- Leadership Development – The Small Business Advisory Group provides leadership and offers leadership to businesses in the area. They can also assist you in becoming more active in the community. Plan to find out how to become more involved within the Gas City Area.
- Legislative Representation - Chambers across the nation are becoming proactive to the needs of small businesses and they are hard at work ensuring those needs are met. We do the work for you whether it is City, County or State issues.
- Economic and Industrial Development - The Chamber is continually working hand in hand with other leaders toward expanded development in the Gas City Area, addressing retention of business and industry. Other areas include: promotion of the Gas City Area and saluting business and industry here in this community.
- Tourism - We provide brochures for this area with regard to tourism and field many telephone calls.
- Recognition Banquet - Our Annual Recognition Banquet honors employees, businesses, and volunteers.
- Member Programs - Includes Ribbon Cuttings, Chamber Newsletter and the Director’s Luncheon.
- GAS CITY AREA - We are the clearinghouse for all requests regarding this area.
- Link To Current Web Sites - The Chamber of Commerce is usually the first place contacted when information about the community, its businesses, recreation and other facilities is desired. Chamber members with their own Web site can take advantage of this attribute by receiving a free link from our Web site to yours.
The Chamber handles numerous telephone calls every year, assists with Economic Development, distributes pieces of promotional material on an annual basis, and meets and greets people at the Chamber office. Become a member of an organization that is working for you!
The Gas City Diplomats provide the personal handshake from the Chamber to new businesses in the Gas City Area. The Diplomats serve at groundbreakings, ribbon-cutting ceremonies and open houses. They are a distinguished service group and a lasting first impression of the commitment the Chamber has to its community and the businesses it serves.
If you would like to schedule the services of the Diplomats, please contact the Chamber office at 765.674.7545.
Small Business Mentoring
The Business Mentoring Group is comprised of either active or retired business leaders. Their background includes investments, banking and financial, insurance, retail sales and accounting. The purpose of this Group is to provide information and assistance to persons wanting to start a business or persons already in business who wish to grow their business.